Thursday, April 2, 2009

The End of a Long Week

Megan is upstairs in her room packing for the trip, and I am here fighting off anxiety about so many people flying to so many places (including me!) on so many different planes all week. I worked today and then had to drive Megan to the Y and then make dinner. I decided to have a glass of wine and then noticed Molly chewing all her fur off. So I called the vet and they agreed to give me an antibiotic, thankfully, so I didn't have to take her in and have them look at it and say, "yup, it's a hot spot..."

So I had to abandon my wine on the kitchen counter and run across town to pick up her $50 pills for the week. Now the Doll will have to medicate her for the second half of the course, but hopefully it will keep her from completely turning herself into mutton leg again. The last disaster is just barely noticeable now after all these months!

As we were sitting down to dinner the phone rang, and it turned out to be E's guidance counselor. I was so glad he called because he was going to have a packet for her, and I was supposed to pick it up, but then I took a job for the day, since I won't be able to work again until after Easter. Since no work = no pay, and Megan gets dropped off at 7:30, I really didn't have many options other than the poorhouse.

As for E, all systems are go, she now has the form she needs as well as approval from the insurance company with the caveat that they won't cover anything related to this incident. So hopefully there will be no expenses related to it! I had thought I would have Megan pick up the packet, and then I realized that she won't be in school!!! But I called a friend of E's who only lives up the block, and she is happy to pick up the work, so that will be most helpful for all of us.

Anyway, in other news, Megan had some successful test scores returned, an A+, a 99, and also an A+ on an English paper that she wrote the night we got back from the state meet in PA. So that was a nice turnaround. She stayed after and took a geometry test today so it would be out of the way (the class is taking it tomorrow) because she won't be in school until after the break. Last night was their 'Christmas party' where they get all the t-shirts and other clothing and goodies that they'll need for their trip. They all have to dress the same every day, and they get a different t-shirt for each day, and a fancier shirt to wear down on the plane. Speaking of all of this, I should go up and make sure she has everything she needs, and then I need to turn in myself!!

No comments: