Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who's that Girl?

So I impressed Kevin tonight. He came in and found me watching Obama talking about his budget. Of course, he couldn't just give me credit for being politically astute, he had to fire an accusation: "Did you know the President was on? Or did you think American Idol was on?" I cringed sheepishly. Truthfully, I don't know much about either one.

But really what I want to know is this: who is the little old lady in the front row? I'm amazed by her presence. Kevin thinks she must be someone important to have gotten a seat in the front row. I give her credit. I'm sure she didn't go there expecting to see American Idol. And she's seated front and center!

Anyway, I had a pretty good day in school today. The class was good, the lesson plans, although a little vague at times, were manageable, and even the most problematic kids in the class were not too bad. The weather was decent, and we got to go outside. And I went in to see the teacher I'll be in for tomorrow and she acted glad to be having me. So that was all lovely.

Then I came home to find Brian with one red ear. He's had a little cold and headache, but he insisted on having me take his temperature although I didn't expect there to be a fever, and there wasn't. Yet there it was: one red hot ear. I gave him motrin because he said his head hurt and the ear somehow faded to pink. Now both are a little pinked up, but nothing too alarming. Chiari? Who knows ... always something bizarre with that kid. Probably stress from the art project that he left till the last minute. Which incidentally he lost five points on because it was due yesterday, even though he didn't have the class till today.

In other news, E is recovering back at home. She said she is feeling pretty well now, and is looking forward to her visit next Tuesday, at which time she'll find out when she is cleared to fly back. I haven't heard from her today, but she did call yesterday and she posted on Megan's Facebook wall that she felt great. And now she is in good company, as Lance will be having his surgery soon as well! Zelda's hair is growing back in, and I am recovering from a pork tenderloin I bought tonight. When I opened it up, it stank like bad chicken. Kevin said it smelled OK, so I cooked it, but the color never got right through it. I ate a few small pieces, then told everyone else not to bother, and I gave them chicken nuggets. In fact, Obama had the perfect name for my dinner: a wasteful pork project.

1 comment:

mrspeach said...

That's Helen Thomas!