Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Weekly Woes

So the latest is that E is still in a holding pattern. Today she saw her doctor who cleared her to return. However, as I was told would happen by our contact at special surgery, the hardware is visible through the skin, so will probably be removed for aesthetic purposes, but this has nothing to do with the recovery. The question now is who pronounces her fit to travel: her doctor, or the doctor employed by the insurance company to keep their costs down? Also, the agency hasn't received her paperwork, but that doesn't surprise me, as she sent it on Friday and Saturday may not count. They'll probably receive it today.

In one of the emails I got today, there was a copy of a letter I had written to E's mom, with some questions, which she forwarded to the agency over there and they forwarded to the agency over here. When I read it more closely, I talk about how I tried to find out what was needed to leave the country and was told that we would probably be OK! I mention how I can prove the conversation took place because it would be on my cell records (it is, in fact) and that the whole thing seems unethical. (!) I do believe all of these things, and in fact was most diplomatic in the way I said them, but I hadn't intended it for the eyes of the agency. I'll have to be more careful what I write in the future!

But the bottom line is that still nothing is decided. I do believe the package will arrive today and hopefully begin its return trip, meaning it would be back there by the end of the week. They're making noises like the school might not let her back, which definitely isn't going to happen, so they'll have to search elsewhere for excuses if that's the angle they're taking.

Meanwhile, we're in the week of preparation for the Florida trip. I've been trying to work on the ad book for the banquet, and the computer crashes every ten minutes, which makes it very frustrating. I save every time I change something, but it's making everything take twice as long. I had no work yesterday, but she called this morning and asked if I'd work this afternoon. I was glad to do that, but I didn't want the whole day. More important than my shrinking funds is my enlarging girth, so I wanted to at least take a nice long power walk before doing anything today. I'm just waiting for the sun to do its work a little before I head out.

In other news, tonight is the commendation at the board meeting. I don't know how many others will be there, or what other commendations will be given, but I hope it goes quickly because Megan has a chemistry quiz tomorrow and she hasn't been doing well in that class. It doesn't help that the guy is frequently not in, he won't be in today, or Thursday and Friday afternoons! How to catch up when your teacher is out of the room so much? I'm hoping after swimming slows down that she can get back on track in that class. He demands 500% from every student. The only good thing about the absences is that she won't be there Friday, since they leave that day for Florida. So at least she won't miss anything from him.

No comments: