Monday, March 23, 2009

Lazy Day

So far today I have been unproductive. This is not a great surprise. I am about to head up for a shower, but a small cat has just jumped into my lap. He's about to settle in for some comfort, as he had grown attached to E.

I did get a brief mail from E's mom this morning. Surgery went well, there were some residual issues from the nerve block but they expected those to resolve when the block wore off. Her follow-up appointment will be next Wednesday, so I don't really expect to hear more before then as far as a return date. If all goes well, there should be no problem with her returning in time for the Florida trip.

Yesterday I took Megan to the mall and picked up a few things she can wear in Florida, as well as some products from The Body Shop. One of my main reasons for going to the mall was to get her some body scrub from Bath & Body Works, their High Lathering Scrub. I was so upset to hear they have discontinued it! I got it around Christmas and it's the best shower scrub I have ever used. It would have been perfect for her skin during that week down there in the sun and the pools. But now I can't get it. I went to The Body Shop instead and bought some kind of daily scrub but I don't know if it will be as good. And I emailed the company and they wrote back, but I don't think they will immediately reinstate the product, unfortunately.

Brian is feverishly working to complete the art project which he allegedly did not know was due this week. It's due tomorrow, presumably only because he doesn't have art today. It's an every-other-day class around his double period math classes. And then he called from school to ask me to come in and sign the emergency contact forms, which he "didn't know he had" and which were due back no later than Friday. If he doesn't turn them in today, he gets detention. I'm debating whether or not I should take them up. I wonder if a detention will make him remember to give me important papers next time. It's every single thing with him: yearbook, graduation gown, emergency papers, permission slips. I don't know how to get through to him.

In other news, I will be working for the rest of the week. Two days at my usual school, then one somewhere else, and then a half day on Friday, which is perfect. This coming weekend will be spent getting Megan ready for her trip, for which she departs a week from Friday. I also have to get as much done as possible on my swim banquet book, which is in good shape except for the things that are confusing to do, the things that I keep putting off. And now our desktop is not functioning well. I would like to write that it's time for a new one, but then Kevin might come on here and read that, and then he might get mad about it, and say that we don't. Although we do. It's a dinosaur, and he probably needs to face that. I want to be able to open .docx and .xlr files like the rest of the modern world can already do.

No comments: