Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Creative Clavicles

So nothing is decided for sure. This has been quite an ordeal. The surgeon we saw yesterday didn't want to operate, he said it wasn't necessary and that the bones would find each other. They are far apart. So I got in touch with my friend's sister and the doctor for whom she works says that it needs to be fixed, and he can do it on Monday. We are supposed to return to the other doctor on Monday, so now I will have to cancel that appointment.

So this is exhausting. Not to mention the expense of the travel into NY, which will have to happen a minimum of four times, five if they keep her overnight and I have to go in and get her the next day.

Anyway, some good news. Megan found out that she made the local paper's all-regional team again this year. So I have to take her in to get her picture taken for that. I'm not sure when it will run, but probably the weekend that she's in Florida, as last year. I'll still be here then, as I was last year, so I'll be able to pick up a copy and bring one down for her.

And I have been getting called to work again. Not to mention that I turned down work yesterday, and I have to turn it down again on Tuesday if she needs the surgery. They asked me to work tomorrow at the middle school, but I said no because I have to take Molly in for a bath and she has to be dropped off at 9, so there is no way I could be to the middle school by 7:30.

In other news, the cleaning lady is also coming tomorrow, and this whole ordeal just has me so worn out that I don't have the house in order at all. E is sleeping downstairs on the couch, but her room (as the rest of the house) is a mess .. I told her I'll just throw everything in the closet and shut the door! And now Megan is getting her feathers ruffled again ... everyone is just hypersensitive! I think I should go to bed and deal with the mess in the morning....

No comments: