Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Snow!

It snowed today! We have a winter wonderland. It's a little hindered in appearance by the piles of leaves that have yet to be picked up, but it is a white world nonetheless, very serene looking. I think tonight is probably the town tree lighting, since we're going to the church spaghetti dinner; and they always coincide.

I've been avoiding going back outside since I am developing the terrible fear of the holiday shoppers. I must go get cat food and some other things, and my heart speeds up at the thought of the parking lot at Target. Yesterday I drove about 100 miles on the highway with trucks and psychopaths. By the time I got home, I really needed a shot of valium or perhaps even morphine.

I was reading a post on one of the message board where a guy tells how he was harassed by an aggressive motorist. the guy came up behind him, flashing his lights and honking. So the narrator chose to slow down, to be annoying. The pursuer then went to the right lane to pass, at which point our "victim" sped up again!! As is the case so often these days, the end result was physical. The two cars pulled over, and the pursuer slugged our victim.

The message board is one for chiari sufferers, so this guy had chiari. He got the guy's license plate number, and filed a police report. The tone of his post is such that he was wronged on the highway. As in the case of the agitated seventh grader who took a cheap swing at the wiseguy - the aggressive driver was obviously not a model citizen. However - not one person has posted in reply - "what the hell were you thinking? Did you not expect that this might be a likely outcome of toying with an obviously deranged driver?!" I have reread that thread many times and can't believe nobody has said one word of reprimand to the victim.

And I'm not going to be the first one to do it!! But now I must escape because I hear that Brian is not doing well with his learning of the lessons - maybe I'll just find a back road to Target right now.

No comments: