Monday, December 10, 2007

Sipping Wine Through a Straw

I hate those mornings when I get out of bed and my lip stings. Then I feel that little lump, almost barely there, but for sure it won't be going away anytime soon. My emergency treament protocol of peroxide and campho-phenique, when implemented immediately, seems to help and has even aborted attacks. But today? No. Today, I had to go have a filling replaced.

The good thing about that would be that dentists can prescribe drugs to treat cold sores, and mine was glad to do so. However, I picked it up and the pharmacist said that the side effects are dizziness and drowsiness! I can't drive around with those side effects! Then I see there are many more "highly unlikely" side effects. And I also read that you should only take this medication for one day when taking it for a cold sore. My bottle says take it for five! And I opened it and looked at the pill. It's the size of a ... of a ... I'll think of something. It's BIG.

So I have decided not to take it. The thing is that at least he also gave me a topical cream, and that seems to be maybe helping a little. Except that my lower lip is all ripped up from the dental abuse it took during the procedure. God, I hate the dentist.

After that ordeal, I ran around for hours trying to get shopping done just in case I work for the rest of the holiday season. Who in the world can stand Hollister? Why is that store so popular? You can't see a thing, the music is deafening, and I think there surely must be a MAXIMUM requirement on the IQ's of the workers. Add to that that all the clothing implies that you either live in, or frequently visit, Southern California. My children don't know what Malibu is. They have never seen the Pacific Ocean. I ended up saving $30 at American Eagle though! Of course, I had to spend $200 to do that. But at least the clothes look like they belong on the east coast.

And I have been spared my driving shift tonight for swim team. Megan is sniffling, she seems like she will never get better; probably needs to have it treated with something, but I don't want to put her on anything before this big meet. Surely she can't be at peak performance when she can't breathe, but she's done it before. Sigh. At least she has officially backed herself out of all high school swimming for this week. Her next high school meet will be December 21.

In other news, Molly is chewing on her foot and has to wear her lampshade. But the biggest of all: Puff is being spayed on Wednesday!! I'll drop her off on my way to work, and pick her up in the evening. The girl tried to tell me she has to be out of heat for six weeks or she can' be spayed. I felt like saying, "excuse me? Have you ever MET a cat who has not been spayed?" It's like Puff is in heat more than she's out, and she's only just six months old.

But...I don't have a headache today!!!

No comments: