Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Sunday

Megan is home! I expect she will sleep for most of the day. They got home early and practiced, then we were all home doing our thing when the cable suddenly went out. Thankfully it was only out for less than an hour. Life does NOT go on in this house so well without the cable. The computer, a phone line, and all the TVs become lifeless. Now XBox Live has become a factor. But once the rest of the neighborhood realized it, comcast listened.

I see that something has enabled the picture in my last post to show up on its own. I'm not sure what I did or why. But there is Puff. Who just fell to the floor from the table she is standing on, for no apparent reason. She is trying to eat my fiberoptic tree. Eventually I will figure out why the picture is so huge, and why it isn't positioned according to the layout I thought I had selected.

Today is the last Jets game of the season. This Jets season is the most ridiculous joke ever. Kevin and Brian have season tickets, but they don't have a parking pass. This doesn't even mean they have to pay for parking. It means they CAN'T park, unless they go to a satellite lot and get bused back to the stadium. So they have to scrounge rides with people who go up hours before the game to drink beer and eat ribs: rain, sleet, freezing rain, or shine.

Today there is an added twist. At the Giants heartbreaking loss to the Patriots last night, an escalator malfunctioned. Today, all escalators will be turned off for the day. So - no parking, no escalators. Lots of walking for those unfortunate souls. Hopefully in a couple of years, the new stadium will make it all worthwhile. The question is, will the Jets?

On top of that, Megan has to go to a Sweet Sixteen party tonight. I will be, once again, home by myself. I'll have to drive her there and back, perhaps, and so far she has no gift or card. All she has is a dress. And I wonder if she will be able to move when she gets out of bed anyway, after all the workouts this week.

I'm looking at the clock and considering church. I'm thinking that I went twice this week already. It looks cold outside. I think I'll just stay in and try to finish laundry.

No comments: