Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lingering Headaches

I guess the stresses are surpassing my power to ignore them, because I was unable to contain the headache to one day. I turned down a sub call and tried to stay in bed.

I just have daily gripes that I chose to blog.

1. Molly is leaking. She leaks mainly in her dog bed (I think) but weeks ago, I remember she was leaking by her water dish. A major expense and a step down the road to demise, I don't want to rush into the vet; particularly because of Gripe #2.

2. Puff peed on the dog bed. I was able to wash it with Molly's dribble but I saw Puff showing interest in it, and folded it in half. A few minutes later, in the midst of a hot debate on Divorce Court on whether or not a woman should be paid $400 a month by her husband for doing housework, I heard scratching. Puff had peed on the back side! So, I threw it out.

I consider it unsalvageable once a cat empties a full load onto there. Minorly in her defense, she is in heat AGAIN. I am finally able to take a stool sample to be rechecked for worms. Once she is rid of them, she can be spayed. They don't do it until she is six months old, which seems a little rough, since she seems to be in heat every 2-3 weeks. This will be her third time. It's very irritating, even without the peeing around. But she is now, at last, at the magic age of six months. I was trying to hold off until after the holidays ... but after that -- don't think so.

3. Swimming conflicts. That gripe just speaks for itself.

4. Groups that you belong to who feel like they should choose adopt-a-families after you have already adopted children for the season. The church group is adopting a large family, and they are not rationing out the gifts in an organized manner. I can hardly wait to see how this turns out. It may extend my time in purgatory, at the very least.

Anyway, those are about all the gripes I have time for. Since I spent the day nursing my headache, I feel very gripey. Now I am off to try to breach security at the army base, so I can commit the heinous act of watching my very first high school swim meet.

No comments: