Friday, December 28, 2007

It's All in the Name

Some days, I sit down with the laptop and considering writing a post, because I am out of emails to which I can reply and I still feel like babbling. Then I think, what will I name the post? As if it matters, because who reads this anyway? But still, I feel like everything I write has to have some creative name, like that must be one of the rules of blog-dom. Someone should have a book on blog titles. Once I searched one of mine and was so saddened to see that I am not nearly as original as I fancy myself to be.

Megan is recovered. The trip will be over tomorrow, when they return home and have to swim one more time at their own pool. What a relief that will be. I think they're having fun. Some of the kids are getting into trouble here and there, others should be getting into worse but aren't getting caught.

Brian was in a three day baseball camp and insisted I come to watch the scrimmage for the last half hour of the day. I am always amazed at the way the coaches, who should remain impartial, will jump and dive for the balls just to make the out, and technically, they're not even on the team, they're acting as pitcher and catcher for both teams. It reminds me of the time we played a family softball game at the church picnic and Kevin's heroic play at first base. The batter? A five year old girl.

I bought the cats real fur mice to play with, so they're batting them all over the house now. I wanted to go visit our share-a-pet cat down at the Humane Society, but Brian has other plans, of which I don't really approve. He is still desperate to find out why the XBox Live isn't working.

Hard to believe it's already Friday. The weekend and New Years' holidays will fly by, I'm sure. And then it's back to the grindstone, with barely a day off for months. Hopefully that will bring the focus back to reality for some of us.

No comments: