Sunday, March 21, 2010

weekends are different when you work

They go so much faster! And I used to be able to say, well, if I don't finish this today, I'll just finish it tomorrow, I won't take any jobs. Now my days are spoken for from 8:15 through 3:30, and I get very little accomplished. With swimming winding down (two weeks till Nationals!) at least I'll have more time in the afternoons when I don't have to run the swim shuttle for a while. (although then the trips to the beach practices will begin! But at least those are enjoyable)

I didn't get much accomplished this weekend. Yesterday the entire morning went to Megan and her illness, as I had to take her in to the doctor when she woke herself up with a sneeze at 8am, after she had threatened bodily harm to anyone who dared disturb her slumber. The afternoon was spent shopping for a dress for her to wear to her prom, because I thought maybe I could find something without her there and if she didn't like it, I could just take it back. I did find one, but it was the wrong size, so she ended up having to come with me today anyway, to try on the other sizes.

In the end, they didn't have the right size anymore, and I had to order it. It should arrive this week, and then we'll have to find someone to alter it. It's too long and will probably be too big in some spots. It's hard to find a dress to fit her swimmer's shoulders :/. But the price was reasonable and I didn't think we'd have much luck (and after the E experience I was afraid to try) shopping at boutiques trying to spend less than $200, so I grabbed it up.

Speaking of E, after a chance encounter on Friday night, she stopped by today for a few hours to visit. She stayed for dinner and we had a nice chat, so she is doing well. She is en route to have her plate removed from her big collarbone accident last year.

As for Brian, he is passing all his classes, as far as we know. If he managed to get a 70 or higher on his biology test on Friday, he will be passing biology as well. If not, he'll have to cruise through the final marking period to ensure he passes the class for the year. It was a rough marking period, which it should not have been. He started off on a high note in all his classes, and ended up almost failing four of them. (!)

And in other news, Molly continues to show her age with a couple of accidents in the house. The other night, she peed (more like exploded) under the kitchen table, and tonight, she just suddenly got up and left behind a small pile of excrement! Horrible! This is not an easy time with her. I just hope she doesn't do anything like that at the Doll's when we're in Florida. I don't have anything else to do with her if she makes herself an unwelcome visitor! I don't think she is actually doing it on purpose. She just hates to get up so she lies around and then finally it just comes out when she goes to get up. But other times she can go for hours without incident. Poor Moll. At least both times were on the tile floor. So far. She has had long days all these past three weeks that I've been working without a problem. I hope she can keep that up! I usually walk them in the afternoon, and she waits for that.

No comments: