Monday, March 29, 2010

spring broke

Well, spring is here, they say. And I guess it is, it's soaking wet outside! Makes it not so bad to be working or in school today and tomorrow! Good thing Brian is off because last night when I went upstairs I found him in his room with all the lights out. He said his head and stomach hurt because he had eaten too much. He had several donuts (I assume), then McDonalds with a chocolate shake, and God knows what at the movies (he saw How to Train a Dragon), and then came home and ate pasta with bolognese sauce. So he said he didn't want motrin but Kevin pushed the issue and five minutes later there was chocolate shake puke all over the bathroom.

So Kevin had to clean it up.

Anyway, he is fine today; he really was a lot better even after that, and now tonight, is ravenous. He ate a muffin and a hot chocolate all day and devoured his dinner and is now scavenging for scraps on which to gorge himself. It's odd because that's the third time he's had cheeseburgers with some sort of chocolate milk or shake and thrown up afterward.

And today I subbed in regular ed. It was wonderful. They behaved the whole time and even though the lesson plans were a little scant, I managed to drag them out and they never complained. I think we had a good day! I checked the plans for tomorrow and it might be a little harder to drag the morning story out, so I may look for a book to read them or print out a puzzle instead. At least, I think they were wonderful. It may just be that I have lowered my standards! (no, they really were good!)

So one more day in that class, and one more day of school for Megan. She is at practice now, and is on her antibiotic for four more days. I don't like that she blows her nose non-stop in the morning for about an hour. Oh, and of course: H1N1 makes the news again. Mostly in Georgia? Right next to Florida? Great. Oh, and it was last year that all of this began just right after everyone came back from spring break!

And in other news, I have found someone to tutor Brian in biology and she will come on Wednesday morning. My fear for him in this class is that he will fail the final if he doesn't get it pulled together. If she can get him to start passing some tests with better than 70's, maybe he can get that average up a little more. And we'll work on the other classes on our own. So it will be a start. An expensive one. But necessary for right now. Also, I have my interview with that agency on Wednesday, the one I had to cancel, so we'll see how that goes. Maybe they can get me some temp work at least, for over the summer. I don't know how much they get in that's only part-time but I did get some jobs years back when I temped, that were only 9 till 1. I'm not holding my breath for the job referral I got from my friend. It would be lovely if it worked out, but I have learned not to allow my expectations to rise. But for now, I am looking forward to the week off. I am pretty sure this is the longest I have gone without a day off in ten years!

No comments: