Friday, January 29, 2010

rampant rejection

Yes, folks, that seems to be it. No word on THE JOB so I guess it must be a no. Admittedly this also happened to me a week ago, I was told notification would be by the end of the week, and in fact it came the following Monday. But this time I must assume when he said I was the last in on Wednesday and they would choose by the end of the week, this time he meant it. My assumption is that they offered the spot to another candidate, who has not yet accepted. They would be foolish to turn the rest of us down before the chosen one has signed on the dotted line.

So I am a bit sad, but of course there is that nagging voice telling me it ain't over till it's over, and also the loud voice that wants to say 'are you crazy! you can't work those hours!' ... but I made myself feel better by applying for another full-time job at an area hospital, through their website. Then I went in and taught gym classes to three second grades in a row. At least I don't have to feel guilty about abandoning my little pompom now. And I should focus on the fact that they brought me in out of hundreds of resumes, and called me back for a second visit, out of twelve. I believe there may be seven or eight who cannot make that claim, and many more who didn't even get a foot in the door.

Both of my children are at a basketball game at the moment, the boys teams are playing each other at Brian's school in a long-anticipated rivalry. Brian's team is top of the division, and Megan's is second. There has been much hype over this game, so much, in fact, that the police are on alert for any issues that may arise. Megan has to go to practice tonight and had mentioned she might leave early, but I guess she is enjoying having a social life, however brief and fleeting it may be.

And I am sure the collective sigh or relief will be audible around the world at the following news: Kevin is home from his travels. He sounds sick, but claims not to be. He has gone into the shower. When he emerges, we will get Megan to her practice, and forage for some food in town. I imagine he will be asleep by 9 and I will go to fetch Megan from her practice. She'll have a lot of studying to do this weekend, so I don't expect much to write about over these two days! She has a meet on Sunday but it's the fundraising meet for her team and she will swim odd events. I'll go to watch, then bring her home so she can get back to studying. Her hardest midterms are on Monday. (well, aside from the calculus one yesterday).

In other news, I went to register my dogs for their town licenses yesterday and Wilbur was denied! Turns out his rabies expires in July and Big Brother won't accept that. They want to either have him revaccinated now, or have me present a letter exempting him for a medical reason (rabies can't expire before October 1.) My vet did not want to provide me with this letter, and the tech quite rudely demanded to know who was presenting dog owners with this option. So I went in and told them that I will get him vaccinated when I can and I will be back when I do. He is a new dog so I won't be fined, although technically I am in violation because I have had him for longer than the required time (which noone tells you about unless you look it up anyway). I just don't want to inject my little twelve pound dog with chemicals two times in a six month period, before he is even a year old! It's ridiculous! I am doing everything right.

This just seems like another case of the government lining the pockets of a medical community (in this case, the vets). So I won't go to the vet. I will find a free or low cost clinic and just take him in there for the shot, when I feel it is somewhat safe to do so. I wouldn't mind if it was 2 1/2 years instead of three, but I think they should exempt puppies from this. They give them the same shot, but it's only good for one year the first time. Every year after that it's good for three, but this must be given between October and January. Otherwise you will have to have an extra shot when you go to get your town license. It's unfuriating.

Well, Megan is home. Brian arrived a few minutes ago. Brian's school won the game, as expected. Order was maintained. Now she needs a ride to practice. Must get moving. I felt like there was more, but I guess it will have to wait.

No comments: