Saturday, November 21, 2009

what's in a dream

I had the weirdest dream last night. I guess Wilbur started to whimper around 7:30 so I woke up in the middle and remember some of it. It obviously won't make any sense, but in part of it, I was trying to get a job at my last employer, only the offices were the old World Trade center offices of the one before it. There was something about a road trip to visit colleges, and we had the car all packed for that. Then at one point, Kevin was brown-nosing my old boss, and when I looked into the room, I saw that one of my fellow substitutes was in the front of the room, also scoring major points, while I tried to even get in the front door.

Just then the job bell went off, and when I opened up the listing, it was 'Big Top Operator,' and I was trying to find the job description because I couldn't imagine what that would have been. Other random people were wandering around, including one of the 9/11 widows from our town. I have no idea how all of these things tie in together, they must be all of the issues that haunt my psyche, but I don't know why they were all in there troubling me as I tried to find a job!

Anyway, now we are all up and still no call from the wayward cleaning lady, who demanded to disturb us on a Saturday so she could get her pay in lieu of skipping the week, since her day falls on Thanksgiving Day. I had told her she can't come before 11, so if I know her, she plans to just show up then. But she did tell me that she was going to call, she said she had to call her other customers. So I have to get the laundry and clutter all straightened out.

Last night our high school won their last playoff game, so they will play for the state sectional title next, last year they failed to achieve that goal; the venue has yet to be announced but one of the possibilities is Giants Stadium! That would be cool. I hope we can go, but with swimming conflicts, one never knows.

Anyway, in other news, Brian went to see 2012 last night so now he can worry about the end of the world AND aliens, which he worried about after he saw The Fourth Kind. I am still hoping to somehow get to see New Moon - without E here nobody else in the house even cares about it, and Megan is too busy to be dragged out to it this weekend. Since it looks like next week will be slow work-wise, I should have the mornings free Monday and Tuesday. Brian is off from school from Wednesday, and Megan gets our Wednesday at noon. I still don't have a turkey, but I also plan to do that Monday or Tuesday. Last year after I bought mine, I saw it for about $8 less at Costco. So I'm going to go there one morning and brave the mobs.

No comments: