Sunday, November 8, 2009

sunday morning thoughts

Well, yesterday's meet was forever long. We got there at 1:10 or so, and I lined up with the masses around 1:30. They let us in almost an hour later, which was almost an hour behind schedule for them. By the time we got in, the place was packed to capacity and we had to sit on the cramped bleachers until the meet ended at 7:30. It was a long day and I don't think the conditions were any better for the swimmers on the deck bleachers.

But Megan swam pretty well, as did most of the team, and she and Kevin are back there today for an even longer go - they have to get there at 11:30 because she's swimming the 500. I didn't see as many sick people as I expected to, I only heard a few mild coughs from time to time (of course mostly from the man right behind me!) and there were way fewer scratches than I had expected. A lot of people apparently have already had access to the vaccine in school, so many of them don't have to worry about the flu in that respect. And of course, I am still unsure what I will do when I get that call. On the one hand, now lots of people have gotten the shot with no ill effect. On the other, the more time goes by with the virus running around and us not catching it, the more I begin to believe in my hope that we had it in January when we were so sick. ::knock wood!!::

And Wilbur continues to heal well although he is having potty issues. When he goes, he makes a big mess of himself almost every time now, and this started before his surgery. I'm going to have to take a sample in for testing; possibly the cats have something that doesn't affect them, but when he feasted on the litterbox, he may have picked it up for himself. Molly is fine and the litterbox never has anything like that in it. But I was texting Kevin my litany of complaints about the meet yesterday: hot, crowded, too many kids in each event, running an hour late... and he texted me back: dog with s*** in his a**. And so I conceded.

In other news, Brian's school is closed tomorrow. They have a bishop coming to visit so they closed in honor of this visit, and I think they are going to sanitize the school to try to slow the spread of the flu, which had picked up during the week. He is happy about that, and I'll try to get him in to the orthodontist two days early because he has a wire bothering him, and I want to take Megan to University of Delaware for a visit on Wednesday, when he is supposed to be at the ortho at 4. She and Kevin are both off for Veteran's Day, but Brian is not.

No comments: