Thursday, November 19, 2009

sloooowww week

This is a week that drags. I worked a half day Monday, then a full day yesterday. For Tuesday, I did see a few jobs but I didn't take them and I probably should have. The elementary schools are having early dismissal for teacher conferences from today through next Tuesday, and then all the schools close early Wednesday for Thanksgiving break. So I should be taking whatever I see, but for some reason, I didn't. But at least I had a lot of time to go food shopping and get dinner ready for what was a crazy night with everybody on a different schedule.

Brian's report card came home with him the other day and it was as he said. The overall average is in the 80s so that's fairly respectable but math and sciences in the 70s are not. I'll go tonight to the school for their "parent teacher conferences" although I have no idea what that means or how it works, does everyone just go into the gym and stand in line waiting to talk to a teacher? It runs for two hours in the gym tonight. The public high schools don't have any such thing, so I can only guess that this is how it's going to be? I didn't get any request for a conference or anything that I could send in requesting one, so I hope it is not by appointment only!

And Megan is now two practices down towards the mandatory six to swim in the first high school meet. I think she is going to have to miss her Y practice Monday night because she has a physics test the next day and that's one of her lower grades, which she really could bring up with just a little effort. This is one of the hardest times of the year for her. But at least this year she doesn't have the added stress of an adversary living in her house! Hopefully that will ease the pressure of the times this year.

And nothing else of much interest is going on. The trees are shedding their leaves, I took both cars through the car wash over the past two days and just noticed what a horrible mutilation job the place did on the front license plate of the Honda. It's all curled and twisted as if it had been used as a battering ram. All of the pets are just lying around, Molly is harder and harder to rouse from her rest. Yesterday she didn't go out with Wilbur except on one or two of his many outdoor visits, and after dinner, I guess it caught up with her because she suddenly squatted down and dropped two turds on the family room rug, right in front of Kevin!

No comments: