Monday, November 23, 2009

monday morning again

It always seems to be Monday morning! Of course, this morning, when I have decided I won't take any jobs unless I know the teacher posting it, two came by my screen this morning! I have to get to the store to pick up a turkey, potatoes, and cider, and I have to cook baked ziti for Kevin to take to work tomorrow, so I'll make one for us for dinner tonight as well. I also have to pick Megan up at school and drive her to the HS practice at the new pool, and I'll probably just wait and bring her home with me, so she can get here earlier and start her homework, because she still insists on going to Y practice, despite a physics test tomorrow.

And Kevin has taken my GPS. So we may not even find the new pool.

The cleaning woman finally called and told us she would come around 1:30, which was perfect because we would be out and then come home to a clean house. But no. We came home to a being-cleaned house and had to lay low for almost another hour! So they must have come more like 2:30 or 3. It was a bit annoying and the house really only needed a quick vacuum and dusting (and always a mop) so it was more trouble than it was worth.

Megan must have done something to make her coach mad, because she had to swim the 200 fly at the meet on Saturday! She's never done it before and she struggles with the butterfly but - amazingly - she came in second in the heat! Oh, but wait. It doesn't count when you do the flutter kick in butterfly! So she was caught, and disqualified :) But now she likes the event, because she feels like she can do better if she can learn to keep her feet together when the stroke starts to break down towards the end. So she'll probably swim it again.

Otherwise, it was a quiet weekend. Kevin blew off more of the never-ending leaves off the lawn (I think the town is picking them up soon) and I just puttered around, searching for jobs online and taking my walks. Oh, and we bought a new cat condo for the bedroom, the cats have been sleeping on a collapsing pile of boxes for three years now, and I had a Petco coupon, so I got it for 20% off. Nobody used it last night, but they all checked it out. Rusty is always up for new things, so he spent the most time on it, but usually it's Wren who likes the window seat. But bad Wren had busted out and was outside all day, so she must have felt like she didn't really need to see out at night.

In other news, this is a short week. Brian has school today, then mass and tests and labs due tomorrow. Megan has 2 1/2 days of school, getting out early on Wednesday. Thursday is the homecoming game against the across-town high school, so I hope the weather will be nice, and Friday is the homecoming dance. Kevin and Brian are going to a Devils game on Sunday with the church group (which really won't be many people, apparently) and E tells me that Brian's friend and his family are coming to their house for dinner one night this week. They're in town at some sort of time-share, and the older brother is looking at the colleges there.

No comments: