Friday, October 2, 2009

success!

I found work for the day! After hitting F5 for an hour or so this morning, finally the red nothing turned into a black something ... but it was gym! I hit F5 a few more times to see if it would go away, but it didn't, so I clicked on 'accept' and my fate was sealed. I had an hour to shower and drive across town to teach gym to the elementary kids. Let me just say that my feet are still killing me!!!

I am still adjusting to life without Buddy. Admittedly, there are good things, such as I didn't have time to scoop the litterbox this morning and I don't even smell it yet. When your 20 pound cat is gone and your three others that barely equal that are all that remain, the cat intake and output does decrease significantly. But I miss him anyway, and my legs were cold in the night and I had no reason to linger in bed this morning when my alarm went off, no cat curling up on me or coming for a scritch behind the ears. :`(

So a few weeks ago, Megan decided she wanted to try to organize something for leadership hours for a National Honor Society application. So she tried to put together a walk for autism, but she is having some trouble. However, they told her (and her friend) she could do an in-house walk last week for just the juniors, during the hour before school started while the teachers were in a meeting. So they did, and they had about 70 or so participants, and they raised over $1,000! So she is getting a board commendation for this at the next board meeting, which will be Tuesday night, while Kevin is in Sweden.

Anyway, in other news, the high school won their football game against the team that beat them in states last year so that is exciting news. I guess we will have to wait and see how the rest of the season turns out, inclduing the Thanksgiving Day game, which will be more of a rivalry than usual, as the across-town team continues to strengthen. Still, ours is a force to be contended with, so there is a lot to be said for their experience ... although most of the big names aere in Megan's grade, still juniors, so next year could be their year, even if this one isn't. Time will tell!

On that note, I can barely stay awake! I think I will go up and find something boring, preferably with British accents, and fall asleep!

No comments: