Monday, October 19, 2009

go Phillies! can they do it again?

So the night that the Phillies lost, I had fallen asleep. I saw that the game was close and I just couldn't watch. I always feel like I jinx them when I watch. But I watched last night!! Imagine if I had not. I can't decide if I should watch tonight or not! In fact, we are still waiting on the outcome of the Yankee game. It will be interesting if the Phillies and the Yankees both advance to the World Series!

Today was a quiet day. It was beautiful outside, but almost *too* bright. There was glare on the roads, and I had to squint when I took my walk this morning. But it's nice and crisp and fall-like outside, and the leaves are everywhere to prove it! Brian, of course, did have school, and he came home with good and bad news. Good, because he is getting better grades in science. Bad, because, inexplicably, the trip he was supposed to go on tomorrow was cancelled! I am glad that he won't miss any classes now, but that was very odd, and he was really looking forward to it.

Megan didn't do much today, but I guess she needs those days. She slept till 11 when I woke her up to check on the status of a pimple on her upper thigh, right about where the elastic of the bathing suit would have been while she was in and out of the pool and sitting on gross bleachers all day yesterday. Forunately, she told me about this 'pimple,' which could be a boil or something caused by some bacteria, so I was able to begin my offensive on it immediately. She is at practice now, but she'll have to go straight into the shower and I'll slather it in bactroban again when she's out. It did look better today after a couple of treatments, but I am so disgusted by the things that go on in and around pools that I can never take these skin ailments lightly.

Megan and I went out for an hour or so this afternoon, and when we got back, there were two missed calls from the sub calling system. They usually don't call me insistently like that unless I have been requested, so I went onto the online system and sure enough, there was a job from one of my regulars. So I have work tomorrow, but it's the crazy loud special ed class. They are all very cute, but the class is very loud and very hectic. And I have already had a headache for a couple of days with all of the wild weather changes!

Anyway, in other news, Megan informed me that University of Delaware does in fact have a swim team; and most of the kids who go there to check it out absolutely fall in love with it. Since it's so close, it will be an easy trip, and I checked out the times of the swimmers, and last year she would have had the third fastest 200 and 500 free times, and that's as a sophomore in high school. So I think she will fit in with what they look for in a swimmer, if she likes the school. But this is all so preliminary, she fits in time-wise at Boston College and NYU as well. Boston University is a bit faster, she fits in time-wise with the team, but not the top three. Not yet?

No comments: