Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Morning

Megan is off to her beach practice with Kevin, and then she is babysitting two new children, referred by our old neighbor, Judy. She won't be able to steal them as regular customers, but perhaps she can become a first alternate when Judy's two girls are unable to do it. She seems to be a preferred sitter for the kids next door, even though the dad told us he came home and found one in bed naked the last time Megan watched them. (He was complaining that it was too hot, so she said 'so take off your clothes!' and, apparently, the kid did!)

I am waiting at home for the air conditioner company to come and check the charge on the new air conditioner, at any time between 9 and 1. At 10, we have the "landscape architect" coming to look at the front of the house, and I am awaiting a call from another electrician. He did call me yesterday while I was working, but by the time I got home and called him, he didn't pick up the cell.

Yesterday was not such a bad day at work after all. I only had one kid shut down and refuse to work, because the math was so confusing. Sometimes they just make it so irrational that it takes forever to explain the simplest thing. The afternoon para is great, though, and even though he is not her charge, I asked her to sit with him, since she was the only continuity in the room. Eventually he did the work and was fine. And that was only a brief 40 minute period anyway. Oh, and I saw the little boy of ambulance/seizure fame. He looks as good as anything, new haircut and all, but his attitude is multiplied times ten. I asked his para what they did to him in the hospital and she just shook her head. I would have loved to see how he treated the nurses!

When I came home, Brian greeted me with the news that there was puke everywhere. While this turned out to be a bit of an overstatement, it did become clear that Molly had had a seizure during the day. There were a few piles of dog puke, and she had peed twice in the same area. It's been a really long time since she had one, at times she was having them twice in a three or six month period, and I can only recall one in the last two years. She seems fine now, and I threw out the mat that was most affected, and replaced it. Can't have a pukey-peed-on-mat for our Fresh Air visit on Monday! Which reminds me, I must get cleaning for that.

In other news, Brian's friend was suspended yesterday, so he didn't really have anything to do last night. There was a middle school dance, but since he didn't have anyone to go with, and the last time he came home smelling like smoke and claiming not to know why, we just left him home and we went out to the local "inn" for dinner at the bar, before Kevin had to pick up from swimming. Megan went to a party up the block for the last hour after she got home, at 10. She's getting her hair cut at 2, and she has to fry 30 tortillas by Sunday night for her Spanish class. I'm thinking of making her use the basement oven. It's never been used, so if there's no additional post by midweek, call the fire department and inquire about us.

No comments: