Monday, May 19, 2008

No news is ... no news

It was that kind of a day. I got to school, to find I was there from 9 till 3 to cover one meeting at 10:30 and another at 1:30. Great. So I helped out one of the first grade teachers for a while, then took the first group to the computer lab for math. And promptly got a migraine. Luckily someone covered them for me while I got my coke and last two advil from the classroom, and sat it out. After that I took lunch, and then got an ice pack from the nurse for half an hour. The other class also went to the computer lab, so it was an easy-ish day, just long, boring, and migrainey.

Otherwise, I emailed the Fresh Air lady and have not heard back, which troubles and annoys me. Before we put in our application, I could barely think their name in my head without getting an email from them. So I dont' understand why I did nto get so much as a reply saying that it's still in the works, or we are rejected, or whatever. There must be some sort of status assigned to everyone in the pipeline.

When I came home I had an email from the woman at PIE, the agency we did not decide to work with on the exchange student thing. She had, unbeknownst to me, also called the district to find out their policies on exchange students. Meanwhile, CCI has called them twice. They are not returning the calls, this woman who seems to be in charge of these programs, but now we may be badgering them. The CCI woman has asked me, if I don't hear anything by Wednesday, to find out myself. Perhaps they will be more responsive to the actual taxpayer. I don't really see how they can say no, they have taken in a couple each year as far as I can tell - but I am beginning to get nervous, now that we have somewhat committed, that they will not allow us to enroll the girl. I hope not! That would just be mean!

In other news, I am in the market for a new dresser for Brian's room. They are ridiculously expensive. I'm currently unemployd for the week, but someone asked me to work Thursday afternoon and all day Friday for her, but I have to wait for the official call before I consider it a job.

No comments: