Wednesday, April 21, 2010

status updates

Baxter: still here.

Doll: still there.

The news is that they are running tests. Tomorrow is a gallbladder test, there's been some talk of pacemaker adjustments. Who knows. The only known fact is that she has spent the night in the hospital with very little treatment, if any at all.

As for me, I have had my two interviews and have been offered one of the jobs! I tend to want to accept, but I have not heard from the other. In all fairness, I would like to hear from the other before I decide what it is I will do. But the second job (the one I have not heard from) sounds much more routine and lonesome at times. I think it would be a good job because of the hours, for right now, but in three years those hours will still be the same, and the pay cannot have gone up by much. So I will hope to have some revelation in my sleep, because I have promised the agency that I will let them know tomorrow.

And, of course, our school budget didn't pass. All incumbents of the Board of Ed were also voted out and three new guys are all in, sending a pretty strong message to the district. I have never had to wait at all to vote, perhaps behind one person during the Obama election. Last night I was behind six or seven when I arrived, and by the time I left, there were a good 25 or more people lined up behind me. So now we wait for the fallout.

On another school front, Brian has passed two tests this week: biology (after tutoring from a tutor) and algebra (after tutoring from Megan). So we hope this is the start of a trend but also know to not get too excited. The biology tutor just left: she was here for an hour helping him with his lab, and it's only about half finished, it's so long and involved.

And Megan had her SAT prep tutor session #1 today. She only has two, and then she retakes the SAT in May. The woman seemed pretty good, Megan said she left there wondering why she hadn't gotten a 2400 in the first place, the woman made it all sound so straightforward. But she didn't actually go through the math part of it, which was where Megan lost most of her points. So we'll see if she can do better at it this time around. (As long as she does at least the same I will be happy!)

So in other news, I have only the rest of this week and next in the job I am in at the school. The last two days were rough, but today was pretty good. If nothing else, the days do go fast. They can be stressful though, and especially with the budget woes having everyone on edge, especially after last night.

No comments: