Monday, April 19, 2010

another three dog night

Yes, that's right. Baxter is back. The Doll isn't feeling well and is planning to check herself into the hotel for more testing tomorrow (oh, I mean hospital). The doctor would have admitted her today, but the beds were all taken. So she plans to go in through the ER in the morning, and we have her dog again. They're telling her it could be her gallbladder. Of course, she assumes it's cancer.

So Brian has decided he should take showers at night now. I'm thinking it's not working out for his complexion, but whatever - last night he was in there for about 40 minutes and when he came out, the alarm system tripped from the humidity, and the fire department came! SO embarrassing. Anyway, that happened last year too and I don't know why. But in our dark, sleepy neighborhood where the biggest excitement of the year is a false fire alarm with lights ablaze at 11pm, you don't want to be the one who caused it!

Oh, and today, the house across the street went on the market. So now we have house stalkers :-( I'm sad. I really like the people, but I knew they'd move soon. I just thought in two years, because that was what they said. I guess they changed their minds.

On the job front, I started the first of my last two weeks today and it was one for the record-books. My boy was out of sorts from the start and it didn't get much better. I felt like I was spinning my wheels the whole day. Plus, I was dressed up for this interview after school, which I felt went pretty well even if I WAS half an hour early. But better early than late I guess. The job would be part time and temporary to start and then I guess subject to re-evaluation. Tomorrow I have another interview, this time at a church. So for once I feel like maybe I'll have options. Either that or all the moles will be back in their holes before I get to whack them.

And in other news, Megan has been asked to attend a special swim training session in the summer with her coach. That is exciting, but it will also mean she'll have to fly across the country, she'll be there on her birthday, and I will have to reschedule her driving test! At least there is more summer after she gets back, admittedly though, not much. But it will be a fun experience. And maybe we can all go out there and visit E!!!

No comments: