Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, I took Megan and E to the premium outlets today. It was a bit of a disappointment for me, the traffic was UNREAL. Unreal. I have never driven in anything like that to just shop. It was like traffic for an event, with backups stretching for miles on all roads that approached the shopping center. Once there, of course there wasn't a spot to be found, so you had to stalk walkers in the parking lot and just be lucky enough to find one, which we were.

The shops themselves were fairly crowded, but not what I would have expected given the number of cars in the lot. Two stores, Ugg and Juicy Couture, actually made shoppers wait on lines just to browse inside the store. I waited on the line for Ugg, and was sorry to find they didn't have the Tasmans that I wanted, so I looked around a little and then left. There were no lines at the register despite the throngs of shoppers. It did look like Juicy had a good line going inside as well as out, but I didn't go into that one :-) Some other stores had some good sales, but it wasn't like I would have hoped, with bargains at every turn. It will be interesting to see how their opening weekend sales compare to their projections. If it's always going to be that much of a hassle to shop there, I'll be happy just to go to the mall and hit Macy's on a sale day.

Yesterday was a wet one. Brian said the test at SJV was a lot easier than the one he took two weeks ago. We'll hear from both of the schools in January, so now it's a waiting game, although we are first waiting to see the report card, which is due to arrive on November 25. Now he is leaning again towards SJV, because he felt the school seemed more modern on the inside, and he can't wait to get his hands on the laptops they use in their program. Afterwards, M & B both had meets, but neither was remarkable. Megan and E went to a party last night, and Kevin, Brian and I tried a new restaurant, CJ Montana's. I don't think we'll be going back there. Most of the staff was friendly enough, but my food, a pricey entree from the specials menu, was drowned in pepper, to the point where I couldn't even taste the food.

Still no work on the horizon for me. I am not going to complain for a day or two, I'll have some time to get myself back together from having had all the steady days of work and business on the weekends, but as a few more days go by, I may become agitated without the prospect of income so close to Christmas time. I guess I'll just have to put in a call and request work if I don't hear anything in a day or two. So we'll see.

In other news, this will be a full week of school, the first in several weeks in NJ, and the last before the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm hoping to get to the gym a time or two, and also to cook some actual nutritious meals. I have been slacking off on that lately. I'm trying to plan some activities, including a trip to Medieval Times at the end of the month; we also have another exchange student party to attend in early December, which should be interesting as some new students have joined the group since last we met.

No comments: