Friday, November 7, 2008

Long Silence

It's been a few days without an update! My apologies. We've been going through some 'stuff' that I had to deal with, plus, Megan and I have caught colds, I was working, Kevin was off to Europe, and I had to make sure my cars had their oils changed and feathers preened.

Nothing much is going on, given all the days off from school. I had hoped to perhaps get into NYC today, but when I took the Explorer for an oil change yesterday, I was told it needs four new tires. I took it back to the place today that gave me the tires, and they told me that I have more time left. So I will wait a while. If the car keeps sliding around, I'll get new ones. But they put some more air in the tires, and hopefully that will do it. But I had to get the oil changed in the Honda just in case I needed to drive that instead. I have a free oil change coupon book but if you miss the mileage, it's invalid.

Tomorrow is a meet weekend, but Brian is going to skip his to come with me to Philadelphia. Megan can't, of course, she will be in trouble if she does, even though she only swam one event and one 'B' relay at the last dual meet. E is also going to come with us, hopefully happily. I wish the weather forecast would be better. I have to plan an interesting day, maybe I'll just do the constitution center and then Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and head up for lunch.

So, that is about all that's been happening for now. In other news, Brian and E are both at the high school football game, and Megan is at practice. She's not coming with us tomorrow, but then she has a party after swimming tomorrow night. We also have Tuesday off from school, but then that will be it except for Thanksgiving break, which of course comes just before the big Christmas holiday. Where does time go?

No comments: