Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taking a Moment

Another quick update on not much of anything. I managed to finish off my directories today, but now I have to go and pick up the form that I need to mail them, and I have to figure out how and if I'm supposed to sort them. I got all 637 labels and sealers stuck on, working through a throbbing headache. Thankfully, after lunch, more advil and coke, and the eventual completion of the task, the head has improved.

I have now completed my stretch of three days for one teacher, three days for another. Aside from one kid yakking on his desk the first day, and then my leaving a girl in the bathroom and taking the other 22 outside for recess (they told me that they were all there when I got back from lunch, and that the count of 23 included their teacher), I have survived the days. I am off tomorrow, but plan to go in to see the guidance counselor to perhaps get some, er, guidance on the high school front. Then I have a different assignment on Thursday.

Kevin took the girls and Brian to play golf this morning. I'm not so sure E was terribly excited about it, but she went along anyway. Megan has swimming this afternoon and I have a few more errands to run and things to do, so I can get these stupid pink directories mailed out by tomorrow.

In other news, I also have to get my hair color fixed. I put these things off because I hate doing them, and now I have to go again, one week later. I had to get my hair colored on Tuesday and cut on Thursday because I didn't make the appointment in time, but the girl was rushed and either mixed the color wrong or didn't leave it on long enough, and she only did the roots. So I am like a badger, with a lighter stripe right along the part. I also had a one inch border around my hairline from where she left the dye on my head afterwards, and that's still slightly obvious; now it will only become darker tomorrow. But I can't go around looking like a badger any longer.

No comments: