Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Here Comes the Sun!

We awoke to darkness so convincing that Molly didn't even think it was morning until 10 or 11 AM. Brian is now sick, as Megan continues her recovery. Yesterday morning he had a sore throat so I kept him home, thinking it might be strep. But as the day progressed it became obvious that it was just a harbinger of a whopping cold, and so I packed him up and sent him off grumpy to school this morning. I gave him some benadryl and told him to see the nurse if he needed motrin; he informed me he would not only get the motrin, but would also lie down in her office for a while! He is "that sick."

Anyway, the sun is out as I type this, and blazing away as the garbage man rides by in his yellow poncho, clinging to the back of the garbage truck.

But apparently work was not in the stars for me today after all, despite having been asked by the teacher to cover her morning. I don't know if they called someone else or if she got out of having to go to the meeting, which I know she would have preferred. I wonder if they'll call me for tomorrow, I was also asked to work then, but by a different teacher. I never can tell these days.

Yesterday, I managed to get all the fixings for the turkey dinner on Thursday, but after I purchased a monstrous bird for $30 at Shoprite, I found nearly the same at Costco for $17. It didn't occur to me that they would have actual whole turkeys there. I must remember that for next year. Of course, I wasn't going to fight the crowds and embarass the poor thing by hauling him back in and pronouncing him overpriced, so I just sucked it up and we'll eat him after all.

The Doll called this morning all upset because the one school Brian is looking at apparently has gotten word to her that he won't be able to use a laptop. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the deal-breaker for us anyway, even if he does get in, not to mention the fact that the tuition is outrageous and perhaps not necessarily worth the benefit. That would leave him with the two Catholic school options, one of which he hasn't actually applied to just yet, and the public school. So we'll see. Things have been ::knock wood:: going OK for him lately. I expect report cards and PSAT scores to come today.

In other news, I have accomplished very little today, although I did finish New Moon and now feel the overpowering urge to go out and get the third book in the series. I cheated a little and read wiki on the whol series and ruined one aspect of it for myself. I googled "does Bella become a vampire". Oh well. I won't tell here.

No comments: