Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MidWeek Blues

So I forget if I mentioned that the new sub caller quit already and we have one now who is filling in temporarily. She seems to prefer the morning calls, and she called again this morning, but the job was from 12-3, so I agreed to go. It wasn't really fun. I had to cover a Spanish class and they were supposed to work independently. The fifth grade class was fine, but the first graders were enough to make me want to just walk out of the room and find a new career. I think I had three or four of them in tears because I wrote their names down, or said the class was horrible, or whatever I did or didn't do.

I was so glad to see them go, although I felt bad for their teacher. I know they got in trouble. One of them actually said to me, "were we good?" WHAT? My salvation was a special ed class they sent me into for the last 45 minutes. They were all well behaved and there were three good paras in the classroom as well. This wasn't at my regular school, which also makes me feel more incompetent. Every school has a slightly different way of doing things.

Megan is still coughing, and she said she feels pressure between her eyes now, so I filled the prescription for the biaxin that we got at the doctor. Hopefully this will knock out the cough. My doctor mom instincts tell me this is not allergies at all, and is a sinus infection from being run down and catching a cold then swimming right through it. She has to do her mandatory six practices with the high school team this week too, so she can't afford to be weak and sickly.

Kevin, meanwhile, is in some flying go-kart somewhere over Kentucky, an hour after he texted me that they couldn't start the plane and they were going to have to jump start it. Someone was outside the window manually rotating the propellers in an effort to get the thing to start. Of course, at that moment the Doll called so now she will worry about it too!

In other news, E is going to a concert tomorrow night, some strangely named group I have never heard of, and then on Friday afternoon she will have a special visitor in the evening. Megan is going to see her friend in the other high school's play across town on Saturday and some of us may accompany her. She has a swim meet on Saturday but won't be going, because she has to make that mandatory practice for the high school team that day. she skipped yesterday because of her sickness and her other practice at the Y.

No comments: