Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Blues

Yes, every summer Megan has to come up with a malady. You would think that with all of the different pools to which she is exposed all winter long, she would not have such issues with pools in summer. But each year, once she's been in them for a while, she gets something weird. Twice it was skin rashes. Thankfully, it has never again been the oral thrush, THAT was bad. Last year it was a bad sinus infection and ear infection. Now it is swimmers ear.

Imagine she's been swimming since she was 3 and this is her first true swimmers ear. Last year they gave us drops for it but I think that was really her sinus/ear infection. So she is miserable. I used the drops yesterday morning and she felt better, so she spent the day in the ocean, then went to practice. After practice, she was quite uncomfortable. I think we have kept it at bay by treating it, so the pain hasn't become agonizing, but she holds it constantly. She doesn't want to miss the beach club time trials tomorrow, and the doctor actually said she could go as long as she wore earplugs and a bathing cap :/.

Otherwise, nothing is too exciting. We're probably going to get a new roof any day now. There is a big obnoxious sign on the lawn that says Chuck's Custom Roofing, it popped up while I was out driving around this morning. I bought some crab cakes for dinner tonight, and Brian, who is punished for saying, "oh my God!" when I told him that he had to sit on something other than just his towel in my car, is resisting the meal. His punishment is that he is not allowed to go down and play Call of duty. You know that I love to punish him from this, because technically, since it is rated 'M', he is not supposed to be playing it anyway!

In other news, Megan had her training for her volunteer summer job today. It turns out there are just two volunteers per class, so I guess sometimes there is just one or none, since Megan is only doing if three days a week, and some kids do it even less. The session begins on the 7th, and since we'll be away, she needs to email the teacher of her room to let her know this. Oh, and we got tickets to the Chicago/Doobie Brothers concert tomorrow night!! I had seen it online, and then Kevin saw it advertised, but we didn't do anything about it. This morning I got an email that tickets would be $10 apiece starting at 9am (lawn seats). So we got four. We're all going. Of course, they really cost $21 per ticket, when you added in the $6 for parking (we should go in four separate cars) and the other service charges. But still, that's pretty cheap for a concert. Even if we have to sit on the lawn. I think. But we'll see. The weather should be nice, and if nothing else, I will get to hear 'What a Fool Believes'.

No comments: