Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, Monday, So Good to Me ...

And they're off!!!

We made it to the park right behind the bus, and waited till all the other Fresh Air Funders arrived, then bid our farewells to C for a year. We will have him back if he would like to come, but I am certainly worn out! It was interesting to talk to the other host families and hear what they had experienced. One was sending their boy back after his fifth visit with them! That's what you hope for, he is like a brother to their son. But we had a medium experience. It was neither great nor awful. But since C is a good kid and deserves a break, we'll give him a shot and hope that he opens up a little more next time. I do think he had fun.

So now I am free. Brian is at baseball camp all week, and Megan has her volunteer job, and this is the last week for swim practice before Nationals, so she'll be busy with that. I don't expect to get to the beach too often other than for the meets on Tuesday and Thursday, but we'll see. She will be disappointed if she has to "lose her tan" ... meanwhile I am trying to keep my face OUT of the sun, due to the appearance of many brown spots that I don't like seeing!

No comments: