Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Checking In

Well, I think we have passed the pinnacle of our visit, and we are on the downward slope. Nothing is bad per se, I am just getting tired of trying to come up with innovative ways of entertaining. Plus, out of money! I think the remainder of the activities will revolve around the beach and our pool. The problem has become that home time is starting to mean video games for hours, and I'm pretty sure noone signs their kid up for this program to have them play video games, even if it is in a nice big house with central air. And I still have the problem with the hair. I guess I am sending the poor kid back without braids.

Yesterday we just went to the beach for practice but C decided the team is too much for him. So we came home right after and hung out until Megan was done with her school job. With two vidiots to manage, I dragged them all out to a local park. It didn't really go so well. It was only a little hot, but I don't think that anyone was awed by a bunch of battered looking chickens and a few overheating sheep. So we went to watch a swim meet at the pool club, so the boys could run around and play on the handball wall, and swim in the spare pool. So that went very well. Then we went to Friendly's for ice cream and, as usual, C was completely wiped out.

Now I have to wake them up for practice again this morning, but today we will stay down for lunch, at least. It is going to be 90 degrees today, and our meet tonight is at a camp and not a beach club, meaning we won't be by a beach; just in a cramped pool area in the blazing heat. But we'll get our beach time in in the morning, then come home and recoup, before heading down to Long Branch for the meet. I expect this day will pass pretty quickly. At least I finally remembered to take my umbrella back down to the beach club. I have been hating the sun on my already-discolored and blotchy face. I am starting to panic about my upcoming dermatologist visit!

In other news, I still have not received Brian's standardized test scores! I think this is crazy, he took the tests three months ago, right after we got back from Florida. In some ways, I am glad not to see them, but I don't want to settle into complacency and have them suddenly arrive and punch me in the stomach. Kevin is in a tizzy because there is talk at the office of taking their blackberries away when they have to take their mandatory two consecutive week vacation. They have always cut off their emails, but now they want to take the whole phone. Obviously this makes sense, they can easily be reached, and people are always calling him during that time, not realizing he is out of the office.

No comments: