Monday, July 14, 2008

Beginners Luck?

So yesterday I tried to cram a lot into one day. Since C had asked to ride a go-kart, I figured we could take him down to ride one. Just in case, we brought along our waterpark bag as well, but it was starting to get crowded with long lines, so we left. I think we will save that for this afternoon if it clears up, or for tomorrow after swim practice.

The go-karts were fun, I didn't let Brian on, but I probably could have. There were a couple of idiots on the ride, two guys in particular who seemed drunk or something, they kept trying to ram each other and one of them kept getting stuck on the wall, which caused the operator to cut the cars all to about half power, and walk out and fix the guy's car. After that, Brian and C played some games in the arcade, and then we went to the race track. Here is a picture of the board after C's first bet:



He had #7 to win. Brian had him to place. When the horse walked out for the race, he looked deranged, with his eyes all wild, and his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth, on the wrong side of the bit.

Then we had friends over for dinner, again Patrick, the one who C really got along with the other night at dinner. I saw C talking a lot more, and laughing and clapping his hands during basketball games in the driveway. He also does love his video games, and spiderman. At the end of the night, he and Patrick were standing side by side wrapped in their spiderman towels. It was cute. I suggested to my friend that maybe they should host C next year!!! I am still not sure of the cause for the not talking. I may never be able to figure it out. He smiles and looks happy pretty often, but he just barely speaks unless spoken to, and even then, he is a boy of few words.

Megan is off to her day at the school, and I am heading up to wake the boys. Brian has to see the orthodontist, who's going to order the two eyeteeth to be pulled within a couple of weeks from now. Afterwards we will see what the weather says. Either I'll take them to the Y to play basketball, or to the water park, or maybe to the beach; although that's where I plan on spending most of the week, in this predicted heatwave. I didn't really want C there with riptides and the giant waves sent ashore by Bertha.

In other news, Megan won two events at the meet she went to yesterday, although her times were not impressive. It was a small and fairly non-competitive meet, and she had missed most of the recent two weeks of practices, between her ear problem and then our trip. Now she has just this week and next of practices, before heading off for long course nationals in Maryland.

No comments: