Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Life After C



Well, life is back to "normal". The house is a mess, and the laundry is always all over the dining room table again. Puff has spent the entire morning outside of her lair for two straight days now. I guess she senses that she has the house back, even though C never troubled her at all, in fact would not have even if he HAD been able to set eyes on her.

Last night we had a swim meet and we LOST! I'll post the video of Megan when I get it uploaded from the camera. It isn't the sort of video she usually likes me to post of her swims ;-) (heehee) Anyway, we really shouldn't have lost this meet. We have not lost to this team in at least the nine years that we have been with the team. It was a combination of the other team having some strong swimmers, and our team making up the meet sheets more to let everyone have a turn to swim than trying to win the meet. I think perhaps we underestimated them; they have never even come close to beating us (or, for that matter, practically anyone else!)

So we will be there for one more meet, tomorrow's, assuming the rains clear before it starts. I hope so, because next week we will be away if they have to make it up. We're also missing the only sure loss of the season (irrelevant, now that we have two additional losses) because of Y Nationals in Maryland.

As I began to type this up, I had a call from the exchange student agency. The rep informed me that she has placed two other students in the area, a boy from Sweden (a senior) and a girl from Germany, who is also 15, like E. She is going to have an orientation at her house for the students and their families, some time in late August, I suppose. So, that should be another interesting experience. One host family has no children, and the other is just a single man. Megan thinks we will be the "coolest" ones there. I said, yeah - as long as you don't act dorky.

But in other news, I am still waiting for the rains to come, but from the boom-boom-booms, I would say they are on their way. Brian is doing a baseball camp this week, which will be cancelled perhaps in case of extreme rains. Wait, strike that, that was way too much booming. I think it might be fireworks. Either that or I'm heading to the basement! More later. Video to follow.

No comments: