Tuesday, December 16, 2008

That Darn Cat

The old 'be careful what you wish for' has sort of become a good way to describe my life these days. Since making the phone call requesting the one school and announcing my availability, I have been called nearly every day to work, including the days on which I said I was unavailable. So I worked all day today, then came home to run around some more.

The other day my Christmas cards arrived and I addressed all the envelopes, only to find that I hadn't ordered quite enough! So I left them out on the table while I considered how I should manage this quandary. Wrong thing to do. I came home, went to check the envelopes to see which ones I might be able to skip this year (ie: Kevin's friends heh heh) only to discover all of them sitting in a giant wet hairball yack!!! So several were destroyed, which only solidified the need to order more, only this time at greater expense, because I had to order them with 2-day shipping this time!

And then the phone rang again. I'm being sent to another school (yuck) tomorrow but back to my favorite for Monday morning and a half day on Tuesday. But that's OK because after that there are no more days to be worked for the year! (alas) So that will be a meager paycheck, but at least it will be a paycheck. And Thursday and Friday still remain open, which is likely to change at the rate I'm going anyway.

We finally got our tree trimmed last night but the outside lights sort of look, um, pathetic. I kept missing my warm day opportunities to get things up, then Kevin went and did it, and E asked when we would put the lights on the "bottom of the tree" (hedge). This is because on each of the four hedges, there is one square of netting lights just draped across the top, in a line. A couple of weeks ago, I saw that one of the neighbors had hird a company to hang their outside lights on their house and in their trees. Not a bad idea. Our other issue is power sources. We don't have any that are connected to switches, so they have to be physically plugged and unplugged, and I can tell you that the novelty of that wears off pretty quickly.

In other news, Brian had his second PT session tonight, and then I took him and Megan to the swim team holiday party. They seemed to enjoy themselves, it has turned into a big gift exchange. Megan is having a few days off from practice, she goes back Thursday, to recover from the debacle of this weekend's meet. It's SO easy to get used to not having to run around with her - not that I am able to keep from running around, though, somehow. And E was lucky - the snow caused cancellation of her basketball scrimmage this afternoon. She was probably praying that that would happen when the first flake fell!

No comments: