Monday, December 8, 2008

Back in the Saddle (for now)

My strategy paid off. I called the new sub caller yesterday afternoon, and told her that I can't work Wednesday and Friday but that I am free and would like to work the rest of the week; I also mentioned my fondness for my usual school. She called last night and gave me a morning there and then later in the evening also added an afternoon. It was perfect.

At school, I had two teachers tell me they had requested me and gotten someone else, and three asked if I would work for them this week. This never happens in those random schools they've been sending me to. I had to tell one no, but the others should book me for tomorrow (which she did) and Thursday (still waiting on that one). For some twisted fateful reason, I seem to have bad luck with actually connecting with this sub caller on the phone. But since I keep calling and leaving her messages, I think she is beginning to understand that this is circumstantial and does not correlate with reliability! At least I hope so.

So tomorrow I am doing art class all day. Should be fun. Those classes are always loud and fairly out of control. But the day also goes reasonably quickly. A lot of kids are sick, and a lot of teachers are having to stay home to care for their kids. I'm not even sure if the one I covered this afternoon might have to be out again, she had left because her son was not feeling well today.

I forget if I mentioned Molly and her giant mutton leg hot spot. I finally gave in and took her to the vet the other night because she was trashing her leg so badly. He shaved off a bunch more hair and although she looks ridiculous, she seems to have gotten some relief at last. All she needs now is the bath she is scheduled to have on Wenesday, and she will be set for the holidays!

In other news, we're gearing up for the meet this weekend. Megan continues to cough, but I continue to keep my fingers crossed that it won't progress. The suit is going to make the meet interesting, as any suit that takes half an hour to put on (dry) will do. One of the coaches was mentioning that despite the high price tag, this suit is not the most durable, and it may be wise to have a friend stand at the edge of the pool with a cover-up at the end of each race, you know, just in case. Brian has the orthodontist tomorrow and physical therapy evaluation on Wednesday, although I made the PT appointment for Tuesday, and wrote it on the calendar for Wednesday. They called today to confirm for tomorrow and I felt like the biggest idiot, which I probably am. But more on that another day.

No comments: