Monday, February 28, 2011

wilbur is 2!

He sure is tired out for a young man! I usually like to take them to PetSmart and let them pick out a toy, but he had a feeling we were going in the car and he wanted no part of it. So instead, he had some good tug of wars with Abby, got extra wet food with his dinner, a stuffed Kong for dessert, and a bunch of grilled chicken as a bonus after-treat. Now they are both passed out and ready for bed. We're just waiting for M to get home from practice.

M seems to be doing well ::knock wood:: but I have outsmarted myself with my constant panic and calls to the doctor, who has now decided that she should stay on this antibiotic for two months instead of two weeks! But not to treat the staph anymore. If I understand him correctly, he is no longer worried about that. This is to treat ACNE! Argh! The only good thing (?) is that at least she will have some extra protection against the staph ... although I thought that was the point of not overusing antibiotics - so they will work when you do need them.

But her face was looking pretty bad and if this helps, well - we'll see. I won't leave her on it for long if I can help it but I'm not inclined to go against his advice either. And that infection seemed pretty stubborn, and I have heard it can take a while to get rid of. The redness was waxing and waning well into the second week of treatment. The spots still have their moments of redness, and occasionally a new one or two will pop up that I don't remember being there in the beginning.

As far as B is concerned, this is not a good semester for him. It's come to the point that I dread logging onto the grade portal but I just can't seem to stop myself. While I suppose it is better this year than last in that he is not failing EVERY single class, I do have serious concerns about his science class this year, and whether it's a reversible trend. And some of the grades are shockingly low, low enough to make you wonder if he falls asleep in class sometimes! What is the alternative? How would he fare at the public school?

And in other news, Kevin is in Sweden for the week. He flew out on Sunday and will return on Thursday. At least we aren't scheduled to get any blizzards this week! And thankfully Abby's recovery is going well and she is now able to go up AND down the stairs to outside. The bad news is, she is also able to go up and down the stairs to upstairs, which she likes to do when nobody is watching her closely. A gate at the bottom of the stairs has proved no match for her galumphy self when she's on a roll! Otherwise, everything is status quo. Next weekend is the state meet and then it won't be long before it's time for Florida. I'm getting anxious about that one already! And after that is summer and after that is ... college! Oh! I can't think about it now. It's too unreal!

No comments: