Wednesday, February 9, 2011

what is going on???

2011 is not a good year! Over the holidays (OK so still 2010 but close to not) our dog died, one of the moms from the team died on Christmas, and one of the dads died shoveling snow. Now we have bad news all over - in our area alone two senior boys have died - one from meningitis and one from a bizarre cardiac event after a short swimming race, a perfectly healthy kid. Today we found out that one of M's former classmates suffered a stroke - a STROKE - a week or so ago. What in the world is happening?

Around here, things are just a little hectic with Abby and her healing leg and the usual nonsense - B with his mysterious virus causing him to miss the first two days back to school after midterms and his now plummeting GPA as a result (or not??) ... the school has been using a grade portal this year and I can see on a daily basis which homeworks are incomplete and which tests he has failed; it's an extreme hazard to my health and his.

Today he told me when he got in the car that he got a 3 out of 3 on his chemistry homework. At parent teacher night, his teacher said that his homeworks are sub par. So I was happy to hear this. I checked the portal and his homework had an incomplete! I just cannot do this !!!

And so M. Her coach decided to change their practice from Sunday morning to Wednesday night. So now she can sleep in one day but she no longer has a weeknight off. And - of course, being Megan - she has a nasty rash of bumps on her legs! They look like maybe a folliculitis type of infection. I'm trying out my arsenal of creams but it isn't looking a whole lot better, although not worse except for some redness in one spot. I called the dermatologist and they told me to call tomorrow morning for a cancellation (hopefully). They're a pain that way. I think if they can't fit us in I'll just stick with the pediatrician. Better than nothing. Oh, and I am sick and tired of her not ever being able to breathe. What is up with that anyway. Add allergist to the list of doctors to take her to before college.

Forgot to mention that the Wednesday night practice is a half an hour drive up the parkway north - she never did that drive before and had to do it for the first time tonight in the dark! At the time of this writing, she is on her way home. Needless to say, this as well is hazardous to my health.

And in other news, my job is the same. My boss is getting busy and wants me to work full time, or at least more hours, but he doesn't want to have to do the same! He likes that I am in early but then when he comes in around 11, he doesn't get started until after lunch and that's when he wants me there for his last minute whims. I can manage most of it pretty well, but I have to admit that some days I feel like I am at the end of a very short rope!

So that's about all for now. Hoping things will start to turn and we'll hear all sorts of good news soon instead of all this gloom!

No comments: