Thursday, August 13, 2009

one more day!!!

Tomorrow is a big day - poor Wilbur has to go to the kennal at 1:30 because the guy can't seem to be flexible with the afternoon drop off. I asked if it would be a problem if we ran late after 5, and he indicated that it would. I told him we had a doctor's appointment at 2:45 and he mentioned something about what if the doctor has an emergency and is an hour and a half late. Well - this has never happened, although we have waited in the office for half an hour or so. I was thinking more along the lines of taking in too many appointments, but then when he suggested that we might be much later, even though it has never happened, I was sure that it would if I promised him compliance.

So I called him back and said I'd just bring Wilbur over before. I am so worried about leaving him! He is such a little dog with his own personality. I'd have felt better leaving Molly at that age, because it's her thing - a room full of dogs and a yard full of grass and tennis balls. But at her age, she will he happier in the old folks' home with Baxter and the Doll. And hopefully, Wilbur will be OK.

And we have the neurologist, always a source of great anxiety for me, but with the transcontinental flight looming so soon in my future, I'm having trouble focusing on my chiari panic, so I guess I can be grateful for that, at least. And we'll have to address the swallowing issues, but since they did seem to be transient, maybe we'll be able to chalk them up to an anomaly unless they return. At the very least, they don't seem likely to interfere with our trip, as I had feared they might.

I'm about as packed as I can be, except for the essentials that I'll need to be using up until the morning before we leave. We booked a spot at the long term off-site parking at the airport, and we have a car reserved (a "people mover") in the UK. I bought a couple more books, including one with a pull-out tube map, and a little notebook to jot down thoughts and ideas in case I get confused. We want to do the London Eye, but I have to figure out the best time. I've read that riding it at sunset is really exciting, but of course, not so much if it's a dreary cloudy evening. The weather, which had gone from beautiful to rainy in the forecast, is now back to pretty good again; except for the day we are due home. That day has rain on both ends. Great. I just hope no hurricanes decide to crop up in time for our return!!

In other news, Megan has her day at the hospital volunteering again tomorrow. We'll all pick her up on our way home from the neurologist, now that we don't have to come home and get Wilbur. Then we'll drop Molly off at the Doll's, have dinner, and get to bed early. We have to be at the car park by 5:30 Saturday morning. Ack! It's really here. This all seemed so unreal when I booked it way back during the school year.

No comments: