Saturday, August 15, 2009

going to london to visit the queen...!

Could the anxiety level get any higher? Flying, chiari, school starting, bills coming in ...? It all started yesterday with the trip to the kennel. As soon as we walked in, all the dogs began to bark, so of course, yappy Wilbur yapped right in. But his body was relaxed, and his tail was wagging, and he seemed excited to meet the new friends, so I think he will settle in and be OK, if not a little lonely for the comforts of home. His little run was plenty big enough, but I don't know if he'll end up getting moved to a smaller one, especially if he can't control his eliminations in the larger space.

Then of course, the visit to the neurologist gave me more to keep me up and mull over, although as we know, the future holds what it will hold, no matter how much I stress over it or don't. I reread some of my carepage updates, including the one from last August, and it reads the same as this year's, only with less of a caution as to the increase in tone. So hopefully it was not as dramatic as the doctor is saying, and it is a comfort that he was unable to elicit the abnormal ankle clonus, although Lord knows he tried. And tried, and tried. Socks on, socks off, walk around, try again. But it wasn't there, thank goodness. So let's just hope that Brian just has high tone for some reason that won't matter in the long run.

In other news, I must head to the showers, we're leaving in fifteen minutes!!!

No comments: