Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring is in the Air

OK, so I am a damn fool. I realized that there is a link to this blog in the admin area of the swim team site. So, since now anyone who has access to that page has access to my blog, I have had to make 'life goes on' private. Now I will have to fomulate a list and actually invite people. Oh well, at least I won't have to watch what I say anymore. Never trust the internet.

I had originally linked to the Y page, but then deleted that link as soon as I realized that, in so doing, I had linked them to me as well. But the link on their site stayed, for some reason. I am surprised that it took someone this long to finally click on it. Now I'll just have to never enter the building again, or find a new swim team for Megan, or something.

So it's finally feeling like spring. Sometimes. Yesterday was a beautiful warm day. Today - not so much. But it's at least warm enough to go out in a sweatshirt, and it's good weather for walking, or it would be if I didn't have to work all the time!!

On Friday, I thought I had the day off. Well. I was mistaken. They called for me to work AM, so I thought that was not so bad. At 7am, the phone rang, and it said 'Middletown School'. Thinking, as I always fall for the same trick, that it was Megan, I picked it up. It was not Megan. It was the daytime sub caller, the woman at central office. I felt bad for her, she was begging, so I agreed to go to the farthest school from my house in the entire town, just for the afternoon. Turns out the teacher burned her hand on an iron, trying to protect a dog she was petsitting.

You know you're in trouble when the other first grade teacher comes in and tells you you are going to have a rough afternoon. The kids didn't listen at all. They were not terrible, really I have had worse. But they were definitely worse than my original plans for the 80 degree afternoon; as I had expected when I got dressed that morning! And then another sub at the morning school said she had turned that one down when they called her. So I wasn't even their first choice for the torture! But I did manage to get through it; and I know all they expected was that, so it's all OK.

Yesterday we went out and picked up some more garden items, a rhododendron to replace the one that died last summer, and some hanging plants. Oh, also a lighthouse! I'll try to remember how to put the pictures up here, once I figure out where we're going to put it. We will have to get electricity run through the yard, to the other side of the pool, but we actually needed that anyway. I am just plodding my way through the design of the yard. I don't know if Kevin appreciates it, but that is sort of too bad right now.

(haha. Since Kevin is one of the only readers now that I have had to make this a private blog!)

In other news: Brian is off to a baseball game with the Knights, his travel team. The Mets, his rec team, are awful. They lose every game. The Knights are 1-1. They're headed up North somewhere today for their game. Megan has to go to her 'God class' from 4 till 8 this evening, so I am going to try to get some spring cleaning done, after I go to Acme to get some food, of which we have none. This week, so far, I have a day and a half of work lined up. An AM only tomorrow, and all day on Tuesday. So that should not be too bad, at least I am not expecting it to be. hah.

No comments: