Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday, Already?

I can't believe how fast this week has gone by. First, I had the debacle of the cracked filling, which did have to be partially refilled after three shots of novacaine, which left my jaw sore and numb at the same time, for hours. Then, as that wore off, I felt what I thought was a sore on my tongue but soon realized was an actual cut from something he must have done accidentally, either with the tool that holds it out of the way or when the tooth isolator thing was stuck and he had to wrench it out when he was done. So, that's still healing slowly.

Then came Tuesday, when I got a call at 9:05, as I watched Regis and Kelly while lying in bed with Rusty the cat, to go in to work for the morning. I had to be there by 9:30! well, I made it. After which I had to come home and get ready to take Brian to the neurologist for his check-up. At least, thankfully, that went well. We may not even have to go back for the MRI in the summer. I'm really hoping!!

Yesterday I worked all day in the special ed kindergarten class. So few students, and they can be such a handful. And then Brian had the orthodontist, then a basketball game. So we went to Chili's for some extra calories which I DON'T need at all. My diet starts tomorrow.

Yesterday morning, at breakfast, Buddy the cat had a strange meow. I forgot about it, since I was in such a rush. But this morning, it was worse. The big tough guy has this raspy little scratchy meow, like a kitten! He seems ok otherwise, except for a little rough breathing when I go close to him and he gets nervous. I'll give it a couple more days, but I just spent $135 on Molly last weekend for her hot spots (which, at least, are gone and she has stopped chewing since getting an antibiotic). This is just crazy.

Now we face the weekend. President's weekend! We have no special plans, although Megan has promised to babysit Saturday, which means she has to miss her swim practice. Oh well. It's Y Silver States this weekend, so the coaches will mostly be down there watching those swimmers. The cats are away! Let the mice play!!

No comments: