Thursday, February 7, 2008

Boredom

Well, I'm bored. This will probably be a boring post, in turn. I'll just ramble a bit because I don't feel like starting dinner and I don't think eating more conversation hearts or chips in five day old onion dip is really the right way to go.

This morning I did my duties - got kids off to school, even door-to-door service for both of them. I was just surfing the net, waiting for numbskull to update his swimming blog page, when the phone rang at 8:40 am. I hate phones when I use the laptop, because I usually have to get up out of the recliner, destiffen my joints, put the laptop down, and stagger across the room by the fourth ring. And check the Caller ID, which, invariably, says, "Mtn Schl" =:-O

As it did today. I have finally figured out that the number that starts in the particular exchange I saw today is the woman from personnel who calls for subs once the day is underway. Yesterday I turned her down, so today I picked up. Turns out I was supposed to be in for the morning, not the afternoon, as I had been told. My morning bliss was shattered and I had to fly into the shower, and rush off to school. Imagine my relief when I zoomed around the corner at 10 mph above the speed limit and almost crashed into a police car who ALREADY HAD SOMEONE PULLED OVER. whew. I checked to see if I knew the unfortunate perpetrator (I didn't) and tried to keep my eye on the speedometer.

But all in all, it was a good day. Easy assignments. They put me in a kindergarten class with another sub for the first hour, and she didn't really know how to run circle time, so the inmates were in charge. I didn't want to step up and challenge her authority, so I minded my business and went on butt-crack patrol. (Two incidences successfully corrected) And the best of all, I was done by noon.

Of course, would I use the afternoon wisely? No. I picked up some items and came home and whittled away the time. Which is why I am bored.

So, in other news: an email from Brian's math teacher, saying he talks excessively in class these past two weeks. His excuse? She put him near "this kid" and X and Y, who talk all the time. I explained to him that this does not mean HE needs to talk all the time, and he went away to play X-Box. Speaking of the inmates running the asylum.

Tomorrow I have a full day in special ed. I hope no fights will break out over who likes the number 1 better than whom, or why this one said that to the other one. But really they are a good group, and I like them. One of the best things about special ed classes is that they have paras, who can always answer any questions, and help to keep the worst situations under control. And then: Friday night! And then: the big meet! And then: another meet. Sigh.

So there it is, if you made it this far. The most boring, and perhaps most aptly named, post of my blogging career.

Perhaps.

No comments: