Sunday, June 6, 2010

june again and all is well?

Yet another week gone by. Kevin is back from Denmark and the kids are winding down their schools, especially B. (I have decided to write about them in stealth format. It's faster and it protects their privacy, Facebook-style). He is upstairs now, studying for his last two finals, math and history. Of course, he forgot the history study guide, lost it, whatever. And who knows if he understands the math. I wanted M to sit with him for another hour tonight just to review a few things, maybe help him to remember some formulas or something.

She has had a sluggish weekend. Yesterday morning she took the SATs, US History and Spanish, and then we went to a confirmation dinner, which was quite fun. We left B at home, at his insistence, and it was good that we did, as we left at 3 and didn't get home until 9:45!! And then today, she had to do her re-certification class for CPR. She's all set to begin her job now, whenever that may happen. After she gets out of school for sure, which is the 23rd of June.

As for me, I plug along. I am still underpaid and am beginning to need some days off (or half days, which for me is really a half of a half-day). I still feel that it's unfair that I am required to work this many hours every week, although I am not held to it, but I can't have too many days off in one month or it would appear that I was not working the full number of hours. And the job is OK, not what I would have probably sought out, but I don't usually feel bored, and I like the people in the office, for the most part.

Kevin is back from Denmark and working a lot in the yard. We got our new carpets downstairs on Friday so we have to set all of those rooms back up again with the furniture where it belongs. I'd do it now but my feet are up!!

Anyway, I guess our lives are somewhat boring for now! I like that. In other news, I have to make an appointment with the vet to get Molly checked for Cushing's disease. It's moderately expensive to treat at first, but if you get it right the first time, the cost is not too bad and then it becomes manageable. And Wilbur is about due to go back for his next annual visit and rabies vaccine. He won't be happy about that!

No comments: