Sunday, June 13, 2010

a new beginning

So it's Sunday again and I realized it's time to update although again there is not much to report! But I was prompted to investigate new blog templates so I decided it was time for a facelift after all this time. Hope it's pleasing to the eye!

Anyway, this was a hectic week for me at the job. Since I have been bought out I seem to be facing increased demands, which might be OK, but they always come at the time that I'm supposed to leave, and they often seem to involve things that did not come up at the last minute. I'm beginning to worry, but I am committed to see this through the summer before making a final decision, although as long as I keep showing up, there is no decision to be made on my part! And who was beating down my door before I had this anyway? No one.

As for B, there's been no news of grades. I came home with my heart in my throat every day when I checked the mail, but not a thing showed up. Yesterday we went to the school picnic to commemorate the 50th anniversary, complete with the groundbreaking for the new building improvements, and someone told me that the notices of failures went out last week and we would have received them by now! Oh, I hope that is true !! Although the one I most worry about is the one from the last day, which had a couple of essays on it. But I do believe that the teachers were supposed to come in the next day and it was called 'rating day,' and then the day after that the grades were due. So hopefully this source provided accurate information. I will be SO excited if this is the case. I am praying that we'll get the report card this week. I just want to close that chapter (hopefully) and move on.

The other night we had the Doll over with her other son and companion, and it was a lovely dinner although I was harboring stress from the workday. But they made a proposition for Brian, inviting him to come out and spend a few days with them on the west coast. I think this is a great idea, although of course, I'll be a nervous wreck if and when he does go, quite a long flight and what if they have an earthquake? They have had a few recently already ! But I will send him if it turns out he doesn't have to go to summer school. That will take care of one more week for him this summer.

So he has three weeks of tennis camp, that week away, and I may put him in another week or two of tennis camp at the indoor Academy where he takes his weekly lessons. Then Kevin will have a bit of vacation, and B also has his summer reading. I was also considering putting him in a geometry class, so that when he starts school he'll already have an understanding of it. I want to make sure we don't watch history repeat itself next year (good luck with this). The stress was unbearable for all of us, at times.

As for M, she is still in school. She had the ACTs yesterday and she said the science section was horrible. She spent so much time on the biology that she didn't have time to complete the chemistry, and she just filled in bubbles. She said the physics was fine, but she's in physics now. So I'm not terribly optimistic for those scores, but it won't really matter unless her SAT2 scores from last week aren't good, and hopefully this will not be the case.

And she has swimming all the time still, they don't even have a weeknight off, which has been a real pain. They start their outdoor practices this week, and she has a meet today. The meet started Friday but this is the first and only day I signed her up for, because of the ACTs. She missed her better events, but at least she'll get into the pool and do a few races before Nationals in July. She won't start her job until after school gets out, probably around the 26th.

And in other news, Molly has her test for Cushing's Disease this week. It's a two hour test and she has to hang out at the vet the whole time. If it's positive, she'll go on a one week trial of the medicine, and repeat the test at the end of that week. If the test shows improvement, she goes on maintenance medication with repeat testing at three month intervals or so. If not, we are in trouble. And Kevin is off to his softball game this morning, the first since The Accident. Hopefully he returns in one piece. Otherwise, we prepare for the upcoming gala this weekend, keep our fingers crossed that the weather gods cooperate, and that a good time will be had by all!

No comments: