Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Victory for Idiots

Isn't it wonderful? Apparently, up till now in New Jersey, idiots have not been allowed to vote, under constitutional law! But that has all changed. Any idiot can now vote. Unfortunately, I think most idiots have slipped through the cracks and were either voting, were on the ballot themselves, or both.

And yet there will be no stem cell research. Always a concern when you're actually facing a neurological condition. I guess $450 million was just too much to spend in support of Michael J. Fox. I'm a little disappointed, I know that some people have had amazing results with stem cell transplants for certain conditions. Of course, this had to be done in Belize, which most of us can't afford, even in a last-ditch effort to prolong our lives.

So those were the main points of the day. Other than preserving green acres, which thankfully is important to anyone who has ventured out onto the Garden State Parkway and witnessed the sprawl.

My full day sub job turned into a half day job last night. After showing up at school, I found I was barely needed...most of the meetings had been cancelled and they no longer needed coverage. As my ears are always open, I overheard the secretary on the phone saying they were shorthanded for classroom aides. I volunteered and was switched to a full day job with a multiply-disabled child. A whole different day, it makes you very happy and very sad all at the same time. These children are so happy with such little things, it's very cute until you remember that for many of them, they will remain exactly at this level for the rest of their lives.

And they will never be able to vote.

No comments: