Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Day Madness

So now it is election day, and the schools in our town are closed. I didn't notice the usual push to get the parents out to vote this year, and with the rainy weather and boring ballot, there may be an even less-than-poor turnout. Once again we'll head to the polls and vote on who can best raise our taxes and complicate our lives. I wish I knew who was responsible for starting construction on the three roads that I need to use to get to work, all at once, I'd be sure to cast that vote in the other direction.

On with the saga of Brian and school. How does a 12 year old brain even function? How do 12 year olds even survive? I wonder daily if this is a function of chiari malformation or testosterone, and I don't know how to find out. There is just a total lack of any organization or thought process at all. I'm going to have to figure something out.

Otherwise we expect an uneventful day. We're off to the dentist for an orthodontic adjustment and Megan's first filling. She is terrified, and it reminds me of mine. I remember he used no novacaine, and it HURT. I can still feel the pain from the drill from 30 years ago. Or maybe that's because I feel it every time I get a filling. Hm.

Hopefully, it will stop raining. Maybe we can go car shopping. I am convinced that one day my brakes will just stop working. Most of the time they feel like it's going to be at that moment. I'm so tired of guzzling gas in a thirsty V8 for the five times a year that I actually USE all seven seats. I've always wanted to just drive around in a little Honda Accord. Although I have to admit I felt much safer in my Explorer when the Asbury Park Press van nearly creamed us on the road to Princeton on Sunday.

Hopefully, I am doing this blog the right way. I'm such an inexperienced blogger.

No comments: