Sunday, July 18, 2010

and he's off!!

So here I am, just me, PomPom and the cats. M is still up in bed, but she will soon get up to go do an ocean swim/run this morning. Kevin and B are on their way to the airport to catch B's 7:45am flight!!! I can't even believe it. He's all packed up, I got him two new bathing suits yesterday and tried to help him but he was very insistent that he must do all of these things by himself. He didn't want Kevin to get a gate pass and walk him to the gate, but he might not get that wish. I don't think either Kevin or I want him roaming the airport alone at 6am. His plane should land just before 11, so that's 2 for us. I'll try to keep busy all morning!

Molly continues to swing back and forth between lethargy and panting/drinking episodes. She pees on the floor if we leave her too long. I was supposed to start her back on the maintenance medicine this week, but I think I'll have them do that two hour test one more time, only because she still isn't really eating and she is wasting away to skin and bones rapidly. The drinking is a sign of Cushing's, and the lethargy is a sign of Addison's, so it seems strange to me that she would have both. The not eating indicates Addison's as well, but the drinking and peeing confuse that for me. I joined an online list about it, but all they really did was insist that my doctor wasn't treating her properly, so I can't ask them anything because all they do is tell me to go to another vet.

And with M, she is so busy that it makes my head spin. Between work and swimming and tournaments, there just is no time for anything! Yesterday she complained at dinner that her back hurt, this after she told me that she and another small girl tried to drag the lifeguard stand by themselves until two regular dudes on the beach came along and helped them. I am going to try to impress upon her that this is not a good idea!! And as far as the schools go, I guess we're in a lull. A couple of new schools have called, but they're not really schools she has interest in, and she hasn't had the chance to call them back yet, since she got her big Locks of Love haircut on Friday in her spare time. She sent off all her scores and info to most of them, so now we're just waiting to see what (if anything) they'll do, and we're planning a revisit to Boston in August.

And in other news, one thing I am missing this summer is my weekday beach time. Working every day has taken that from me! Although I am home in time to get down there by mid-afternoon some days, most of the time I am either too tired, have somewhere else to be, or don't get out in time to come home and pick up B and then head down. And the beach club can be so crowded on the weekends that it's barely worth going there when we have a nice quiet pool in the backyard. Also, having seen all these beautiful town beaches within a half hour's drive, I can't believe we spent so much time sitting on the dirty dingy one we belong to while the kids were little. These other ones are so much nicer and more kid-friendly because of the way the waves break and the ocean floor slopes. (ie not straight down like at our beach!)

And I guess that's about it for now.

No comments: