Friday, January 4, 2008

TGIF

Well, isn't that the most boring post title ever?

It's Friday. I don't know how I get through five day weeks, I barely got through this three day week, and I didn't even have to work. I did have a whopping headache yesterday, that didn't help. But today I had a free day, and it was slightly less freezing than yesterday, so I went to the mall to drop off Megan's necklace.

I bought this necklace from a mall jewelry store for her graduation in June. It was about $255, that was the sale price. She has worn it about four times, and the clasp is now missing. I called the jewelry store, very proud that I still had the receipt, and they were telling me that they would have to charge me because I didn't purchase a service plan. $40 for a service plan on a piece of jewelry that rarely gets worn. I don't remember the offer, but of course I didn't purchase one.

A manager called me back, and explained that they would give me a 'lobster-claw' (I keep thinking of 'lobster boy' on SouthPark) in place of what was probably a spring-whatever clasp. They act like they are doing me a huge favor by giving me for for "free" what would normally cost $40. So the manager told me they would probably charge me $10. Of course, after I drove there, they told me the jeweler would charge them $20, so I would have to also pay $20.

I'm wondering to myself - now - aren't YOU the jeweler? I mean, don't jewelers work at jewelry stores? Shouldn't they be on some sort of retainer to repair the faulty merchandise? I know when Brian broke his clasp on his cheap choker necklace that is only gold-plated - that guy fixed it for me without some song and dance about a jeweler. In fact, he fixed it on the spot! There was no charge for his services, just the charge for the cheap stanless steel clasp I bought from him.

Let that be lesson #9132214897124124163248 on why not to shop at the mall. Next time I will just go straight to the Stainless Steel Clasp guy.

At long last, tomorrow is the county swim championships. Amazingly, psych sheets were on the site today. Megan is seeded second in both of her events! I just can't wait for this meet to be over. She has yet to come up against competition at a high school meet in either of her events, the 200 or the 500 free. So tomorrow, she will be seeded right beneath the top swimmer in each event. who knows, maybe that will get her to swim a little faster and make her time for Y Nationals - although the times are pretty fast, they are still slower than what she would be seeded with at one of her Y meets, her true USA swimming times.

In other news: I forgot that I let the dog out, and left her in the yard for over three hours! At least she is sleeping now and not bugging me to take her out (haha). Puff Heat-Meter: off. Kitchen ceiling light: still dying. My headache: gone.

No comments: