Monday, January 7, 2008

Message Board Madness

Two posts in one day! It's because if I don't post, I will go insane. It's because I really want to post to the message board for the swimmers in the state. But I will not and here is why: What do arguing on the message boards and Special Olympics have in common? Here is the answer, politically incorrect as it may be, but I am making a point: even if you win, you're still retarded.

The message board where the poster said "why did they give the swimmer of the meet award to a freshman" is heating up, and Megan has seen it. Here's a basic recap of the posts, summed up in my own words:

Original poster: "Why did they give the award to a frosh? I mean, I know she swam well, beat both times and both top seeds, and I know the senior missed her times and didn't break any records. But usually when neither breaks a record and both win two golds, they go with the upperclassman. Am I mistaken, or can someone explain?"

First response: "No. You are not mistaken. Now you see how clueless the coaches are." (note: coaches are the ones who vote)

Next response: "The award is for the swimmer of the meet, not the senior of the meet. The coaches saw what I saw, and the frosh was the swimmer of the meet." (note: LIKE this one)

New thread started, but obviously meant in response to 'next response': "I disagree. You use the word 'I'. Therefore you must be the swimmer herself or one of her parents. You are immature and bragging - a good winner is a gracious winner."

:::absolute shock:::

Why didn't anyone accuse the original poster of being the senior, or one of her parents? Good God! I want so badly to respond, but I will not. I will not, I will not, I will not.

But I keep checking every two seconds, waiting for 'next responder' to come back and clear our name. OK, that's all I needed to say.

No comments: