Thursday, January 3, 2008

On Self Esteem

I feel so stupid. I am like an ancient person, I can't seem to master the world of blog image posting. Using Photobucket, I thought it would be simple. But none of the photobucket url's work on here. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

On the other hand, here it is 4:14 pm and I have not been recalled yet by the mammography center. That should lift my spirits.

I am afraid to let my guard down, as that is exactly when the phone will ring.

And I am ready to press charges for mental anguish caused by repeated phone calls from an 800 number, which we believe to be Kitchen Magic calling repeatedly. Their desperation is not appealing. This alone is reason enough to not use them when we feel like we can afford some kitchen magic. Maybe they're really calling to tell me I won that free kitchen contest I entered a year ago at the mall.

Today, however, I would settle for a replacement light for the four-long-bulb fluorescent light we have in the kitchen. This light has no cover, and of the four bald bulbs, two work. That is, two worked. One began to flicker today, so now I suppose we're down to one. If we can't even replace the ceiling light, I think a whole kitchen is out of the question for now. I'd include a picture if I were not so blog-image challenged.

Which brings me to the issue of my blog. I am not finding it to be taking direction as I had hoped. It is still about everything that happens, it just seems like nothing ever happens. I click through the link "next blog" at the top of the page when I post and find all sorts of fancy blogs. How is it that so many people know how to design these beautiful blogs, and I can't even post a stinking picture without having it shrink, stretch, or appear incomplete? Is there a blog college, like a clown college? I knew I should have paid attention in school.

So - what has happened? I swam my 40 laps today and then totally blanked out as to my member number when I went to log the swim. It was very cold today, so I stayed in for most of the day with my little cats. The phone rang a bunch of times, scared me half to death each time; only once or twice was it Kitchen Magic.

I picked up Megan at the bus, then picked up Brian. I received emails from two teachers, found out he got a 77 on the science test he studied "his way" for. I put a pot roast into the crock pot. I played isketch.

I hope someone calls me to work tomorrow! The less I have to do, the less I do. I don't even think I have scooped the litterboxes today! Maybe I should order one of those lamps for people who live in cold gloomy climates. Today our sunshine was called "ineffective" by one forecast, and "feeble" by another. I think I took those words to heart for myself!!

No comments: